Ofsted rating: We are Good because (May 2017):
- The manager and staff continually evaluate their practice to improve. The manager tracks children's progress, identifies any gaps in their learning and works with parents and other professionals to implement development plans. All children, including those who have special educational needs, make good progress in relation to their starting points.
- The key-person system is effective. Children form secure emotional attachments to their key persons, who know children's individual needs well.
- The manager ensures staff follow thorough risk assessments of the premises and activities to keep children safe. She deploys staff to supervise children closely. Children learn to manage risks cautiously, such as climbing and building dens.
- The manager and staff have good relationships with parents. They make sure that all parents, including those who speak English as an additional language, fully understand how they are supporting their children's learning and how they can be involved.
- Staff support children who require additional help well. Staff liaise effectively with professionals and provide support based on each child's unique needs.